I will sign you up

If you wish to join the forum please contact me.

Send a forum name and brief overview about yourself.

Lost your password

CLICK HERE

Welcome - Welcome Guest

To join this forum please contact me and request a Username.

Post Pages: [1]

Author
Topic: Surfers Ear

Condorman

Beginner

Post Surfers Ear

on: February 5, 2015, 11:19

Hi All

Just wondering how many of us are suffering from Surfers Ear - Exostoses (from Latin: meaning one hell of a headache post surgery).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfer%27s_ear

I've had my right ear done twice and am pretty religious about using ear drops post swimming/surfing. Right ear now at 85% and left at 50%.

How do you deal with it?

Greg

Administrator

Post Re: Surfers Ear

on: February 5, 2015, 12:20

I had my left ear done, it is very painful and keeps you out of the water for a while post op.

Never use drops but was told to use earplugs as the bone growth is caused by the cold wind blowing into your ear with water in it.

I did try ear plugs for a while but got sick of them and just taking my chances it does not come back again like yours, ouch!!!

Have you thought of using ear plugs?

----------
Everything in this universe has a unique frequency, all you have to do is tune in ~ ~ ~

Condorman

Beginner

on: February 5, 2015, 12:52

I tried plugs but they just kept coming out when I dived under large swell. Some swear by blutack but I just can't do it.

dumpy

on: February 5, 2015, 17:35

hi guys, i had my right ear done ~2003, and since then wear hood in winter and plugs all summer. i use the speedo brand of earplugs for swimmers and they stay in in all kinds of smashings! They cost about $12

I used to use doc pro plugs but they would come out as much as stay in (and get tangled)

Greg

Administrator

on: February 6, 2015, 12:49

That's why I gave doc pro away falling out and very expensive, thanks for showing us the Speedo brand they look good and sound much better

----------
Everything in this universe has a unique frequency, all you have to do is tune in ~ ~ ~

Greg

Administrator

on: February 16, 2018, 11:28

I now use SurfEars 2.0 they are really good at staying in and you can hear what's going on around you better.

----------

Post Pages: [1]