I will sign you up

If you wish to join the forum please contact me.

Send a forum name and brief overview about yourself.

Lost your password

CLICK HERE

Welcome - Welcome Guest

To join this forum please contact me and request a Username.

Post Pages: [1]

Author
Topic: Dusk in Japan with my 4 year old boy, hammering it.

Nami-nori

Post Dusk in Japan with my 4 year old boy, hammering it.

on: July 30, 2014, 23:12

My local beach, Ten minutes from my house and I almost always have it to myself. Crazy..
very late in the arvo, went down for a swim, maybe body surf if there were any waves.
It was a beautiful afternoon. My boy is not yet five, he watches Come hell or high water with me all the time.
And he shocked the hell out of me this day, he just jumped in and did it. Super cool.

Nami-nori

Post Re: Dusk in Japan with my 4 year old boy, hammering it.

on: July 30, 2014, 23:17

Some more from that day.

These are where I live in Japan. Tottori City. Famous for its sand dune. If you ever see any Japanese martial art films (any JP. film)
with a sand dune scene its usually here. And its my local break, and usually empty.

Greg

Administrator

on: July 31, 2014, 07:52

Nice photos Marcus,

Your boy is having fun and looks very keen. Can't wait to see more as he get's experience with bigger waves.

The beach looks uncrowded and very clean, is it like that everywhere?

Images
Do you have a program where you can reduce the filesize of your images? They were very good as far as the dimensions go 800x600 etc but where large between 200kb - 300kb. I optimized them to between 30kb - 80kb, this conserves space on my server and increases the page load times. READ MORE

Keep them coming and tell us about your beaches . . .

----------
Everything in this universe has a unique frequency, all you have to do is tune in ~ ~ ~

Nami-nori

on: July 31, 2014, 09:12

It`s really strange here, and the beach culture or lack of. There are a few popular surfing beaches that get crowded and many like the one above that hardly see anyone. In the third photo you can see the big dune in the background. That's the famous part and it get`s a lot of tourists. Down the other direction there are swimming beaches, only used over the six weeks of summer. and surf spots that don't get crowded, but for the most part where I live its as above, it magic. Mind you I live in the least populated city in the country.
Outside of summer the only people on the beaches are shore fisherman, surfers, sometimes tourists taking photos (only in touristy spots)
and me and my kids. We still come down here when it`s covered in snow. It`s so nice.

Rashie

Pro

on: July 31, 2014, 15:19

HI Marcus
Great to see you having some quality time that is what it is all about especially the memories!!!
Just World googled Tottori City Japan and your right there is one large sand dune and your beach has alot of agricultural market farming just behind the beach near a concrete river flowing out below the high ground on the first photo of your son.The airport even juts out into the sea and over the beach/shore line!Just west of the breakwater to the harbour is 3 rectangular reefs just off shore and 5 groynes with what looks like some nice breaking waves can you access this area or is it too close to the airport and you are restricted?
These images are from 3/12/2013
Anyway great photos
Rashie

Nami-nori

on: July 31, 2014, 23:31

That's a great spot, gave myself a black eye there last year. That's a popular swimming spot in summer.
I have almost never seen any surfers there either. the mouth of the big river, gets some cool waves. But I`ve always
been too chicken to paddle all the way out by myself. River mouth just sounds dangerous.

Post Pages: [1]